Are you a Lower Haight artist looking for a place to show your work? Look no further than Laundry Locker.
Yes, Laundry Locker!
The washin’, foldin’, dry-cleanin’ service is looking for local works to hang on the wall of their space at 566 Haight Street for the next two months.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know:
- The art should be about the community, featuring subject matter from or relating to the Lower Haight or San Francisco.
- To enter, submit images of 5 of your works (and a link to your website, if you have one) to email@example.com
- If you don’t have images yet, you may submit a description or storyboard of what you intend to create
- Works will be reviewed based on various criteria like creativity, subject matter, ambiance in the setting, and the artist’s story.
- Laundry Locker will select at least two winners, and the works will be rotated out on a monthly basis. Winning artists will also have the chance to have their work shown at another Laundry Locker location.
- Winners will receive a “Free Month of Dry Cleaning & Laundry” — up to $100 value. Laundry Locker will also host an open house for the winners.
- Artists can choose to make the artwork available for sale. Laundry Locker won’t take a commission.
Submissions must be received by February 22, 2012, so if you think you’ve got what it takes, get on it.
And be sure to check Haighteration in a couple of weeks for updates on the winners!