Beer week has begun, and that means a slew of drinking opportunities abound in the neighborhood.
Lower Haighters may not need even more reasons to imbibe, but regardless, we thought we’d celebrate the ‘hood with a little game to get the juices flowing. (Note: please play responsibly).
Although one would have to have a flask in hand 24/7 to reap the true rewards, we hope you can use these rules to stop and, if not swig, then at least savor the smooth sensation of living life, Lower Haight style.
Let the games begin!
- Drink when you buy records even though you don’t have a record player.
- Drink when you smell weed. Drink again when you can actually feel weed billowing by your face.
- Drink when you have BBQ sauce on your face.
- Drink when you contemplate dognapping.
- Drink when you suspect your landlord is bipolar.
- Drink when you cheat on your hairdresser at the next salon over.
- Drink if you’re fascinated by Lo-Cost Meats but don’t have the balls to go inside.
- Drink when you have something on your shoe.
- Drink when you Wiggle.
- Drink when you resign yourself to pizza.
- Drink when you never thought you could miss Walgreens this much.
- Drink when you spend $30 on a t-shirt.
- Drink when you do your Safeway shopping heading home from a bar at 2am.
- Drink when it’s sunny in Duboce Park.
- Drink when your team fails miserably at the Mad Dog Pub Quiz.
- Drink when a stranger asks you to help move a mattress on/off the sidewalk.
- Drink when you’re secretly threatened by the “Divis Corridor” hype.
- Drink when you want to “Feel More Scents-U-All”.
- Drink when you drop $50 on dog treats at Animal House. Drink again if you don’t even have a dog.
- Drink when you eavesdrop on a blind date at Café du Soleil. Drink again if the date is your own.
- Drink when the bartender at Toronado seems to prefer you to your friends and you rub it in their faces all night.
- Drink when the Upper Haight seems really far away.
- Drink when you look for parking for over 30 minutes.
- Drink when you hear the “Old Phone” iPhone ring and you check your phone and everyone around you checks their phones and then sheepishly goes back to whatever they were doing.
- Drink when it’s 5 o’clock somewhere.
These 25 rules are just a start … what’s on your Lower Haight Drinking Game checklist?