Roughly a month after a huge fire damaged four buildings and displaced 60 residents at Pierce and Golden Gate, neighbors and local businesses are pulling together to throw what sounds like one heck of a benefit event.
Dubbed “Beyond the Blaze,” this Friday night’s fundraiser will involve food, drinks, a raffle, live music and more. (It’s being co-sponsored by the fine folks at Scoutmob, and trust us, they know how to throw a party.)
- Food courtesy of NOPA, Nopalito, and Divisadero’s soon-to-be-newest tenant, Bi-Rite
- Beer from Speakeasy Brewery and Rolling Rock
- Wine by Green Barrel
- Coffee from Matching Half
- Live music including Gaucho Gypsy Jazz Band, Even Taylor, Conspiracy of Beards and The Sundance Kids
- A raffle of prizes from local merchants
- …and more to be announced!
The event is happening this Friday, January 20th, from 6:30pm to 10pm at St. Cyprian’s Episcopal Church (Turk and Lyon).
Tickets are $15 at the door, though there are $12 presale tickets available here. 100% of the proceeds will go to those 60 displaced residents.
If you can’t make it, but would still like to donate, you can send a check to the Alamo Square Neighborhood Association (details on that here).
Finally, we wanted to show you this amazing poster that Western Additionite Aaron Brodeur created for the event. Because, wow.
See you there?