The Lower Haight Summer Art Walk takes over the neighborhood tomorrow (Saturday) from 12pm to 6pm, and it should be a blast. Here’s a full rundown of what you can expect!
- Edo Salon (601 Haight) hosts the opening of “Bahama Kangaroo,” an exhibition of works by artist and jewelry designer Yukako Ezoe. Plus, there’ll be a Butoh dance performance by Hiroko Tamano and Ronny Baker at 7pm, and music by Dark Materials
- Love Haight Computers (473 Haight) throws its official grand opening celebration featuring art, live music, drinks, and snacks, plus 10% off purchases of Apple computers or 15% off repairs, and a tantalizing “$475 Macbook” special while supplies last.
- Black Pancake Records (593 Haight) and Groove Merchant Records (687 Haight) will both have music, while Groove Merchant will be offering 15% off all used vinyl!
- Idle Hand Tattoo (575 Haight) is back with its famous $60 “Get What You Get” tattoos, all day long — from noon to 8pm!
- D-Structure (520 Haight) will have a 10% off sale, plus free beer!
- Thriving Life Wellness Center (557 Waller) will be giving out free massages and Sokenbicha tea!
- Wing Wings (422 Haight) will have wing specials, art, and pork!
- P-Kok (776 Haight) will have a pre-Burning Man trunk show from designers Josefin Thell and Simone Coulars, plus an after-party from 6-10pm with drinks, dancing, and music from Scottish DJ Andy Eaglesham.
- Lower Haters (597 Haight) will be hosting some custom bicycle designs by Ube’s Ice Cream Shop!
- Three Twins (254 Fillmore) will be commemorating the above with a special flavor – Ube Cookie Ice Cream!
- Greenburger’s (518 Haight) will have discounts on an increasing scale — 10% off $10, 20% off $20, 30% off $30, 40% off $40, and 50% off $50! Plus, they’ll be hosting a jewelry and accessories designer at their ice cream and milkshake bar!
- Merch (629A Haight) will be offering an additional 10% off all sale items!
- Cafe du Soleil (200 Fillmore) will have a fortune teller!
- There will be food carts!
But wait, there’s more!
Steiner between Haight and Waller will be closed to traffic, creating a mini-block party featuring live music (including local duo Smash & Grab, DJs, kids activities, bike parking, a skate area sponsored by Roughneck Hardware, live art fortune telling by Kilby Stenkamp, a Japan benefit, and more!
The oh-so-popular Lower Haight Scavenger Hunt is back! Think you know the Lower Haight? Grab a camera and a few friends (teams can be up to 4 people), and scour the neighborhood tracking down photo clues shot by Haighteration. Email email@example.com to sign up, or register in person at Lower Haters (597 Haight). Everyone who successfully completes the hunt by 5pm will be entered into a drawing for $100 cash!
The Peacock Lounge (552 Haight), which closed for renovations all the way back in October of 2009 (!), celebrates the completion of its remodeling with a grand opening celebration! From 3 to 6pm, step inside the Lower Haight’s most exclusive venue for a potluck-style housewarming — bring a hot dish if you’re able. We got a glimpse inside yesterday, and things are looking good!
We think that’s everything, but we could be wrong. If you know of any events or discounts we missed, let us know.
Otherwise, we’ll see you tomorrow!