Another art walk, you say?
Another art walk, we say!
It’s Divisadero’s turn for some art-walkin’ fun, and this one goes down on Thursday night from 6pm to 10pm.
The action stretches all the way from Haight to Geary, but some highlights in our neck of the woods will include:
- The Page (298 Divisadero) Happy hour specials until 9pm, plus live jazz/roots music featuring accordion and bass
- The Independent (628 Divisadero) – Holy smokes, New Orleans’s own The Meters perform live! It’s sold out, but for what it’s worth, doors are at 8:30pm.
- Little Chihuahua (292 Divisadero) hosts works by artist Gavin Worth (designer of the graphic above), plus $3 beers and tacos
- Swankety Swank (289 Divisadero) – illustrations by artist Kathryn Bernard, and jewelry and accessories from Sexi Seaweed.
- Madrone (500 Divisadero) – happy hour prices till 9pm, plus art by Paul Madonna & Dennis McNulty
- The Other Shop (327 Divisadero) – 10% off all purchases from 12pm-9pm, plus works by miscellaneous 20th century artists
- Population Salon (537 Divisadero) – Free bang trims from 6pm to 10pm, plus artwork by Michael Lawrence
Also new for this edition of the Art Walk is The Neighborhood Game! Grab a scorecard and scour the neighborhood from 7pm-9pm “earning points for things like giving high-fives, talking to a stranger about art, drawing with chalk, or giving gifts.” There are prizes to be had, and it all culminates in a party — click here for more info.
And for more info on the Art Walk itself, stay tuned to the event’s Facebook page, naturally!