a) You’re a dog-owner.
b) You’re not a dog-owner, but you’re a dog-lover.
c) You’re not a dog-owner or -lover, but you like helping kids.
d) You don’t like dogs or kids, but you’re free on Saturday.
If any of these apply, get yourself over to Duboce Park on Saturday for the fourth annual Dogfest, a five-hour, four-legged fundraiser for McKinley Elementary School!
From 11am to 4pm, the park will be filled with pooches, prizes, performers, and at least a few politicians.
- A raffle for great prizes including Giants tickets, an iPad 2, and a boatload of wine
- A silent auction packed with more prizes like symphony tickets, restaurant gift certificates, cruises, museum and movie passes, and of course gifts for your pup
- A kids carnival featuring games, balloon animals, face painting, and so-called jumpy houses
- A doggy spa, including doggy massages and pedicures (!)
- Contests for the titles of best celebrity look-alike, best bark, best trick, best couple, best lap dog, and most “ear-resistible”
This is the biggest event of the canine season, so don’t let your dog down by missing it. We’ll see you there!