Nearly two months ago, an employee of new Divis pizzeria Ragazza was the victim of what’s been described as a shocking and traumatic violent crime.
The folks at Ragazza have understandably chosen not to go into specifics about the crime or the victim’s identity, other than to note that the crime did not occur in this neighborhood.
Now, the restaurant is stepping up with an incredible dinner and auction to raise funds for the victim’s recovery.
In an eBay auction from January 21 – 31, Ragazza will be offering items from a star-studded list of donors from the SF foodie community and beyond.
- Dinner for 8 in your home, cooked by Frances Chef/Owner Melissa Perello
- Customized meal for 2 at Flour + Water, menu by Chef/Owner Tom McNaughton, with wine pairing
- Customized cake by Elizabeth Falkner of Citizen Cake, sized to serve 40 people
- Dinner for 4 at Nopa, seated with Chef/Co-Owner Laurence Jossel and Wine Director Chris Deegan
- Margarita party for 20 at your home by Tortilla Heights
- Marlowe‘s famous Marlowe burger, delivered to your office w/all the fixin’s, for 8 people
- Carnitas dinner for 4, delivered to your door by Nopalito
- Sundae making party for 24 by Bi Rite Creamery
And the list goes on and on. We count nearly 40 items, with more to be announced soon.
Ragazza will also be hosting a special dinner on Monday, January 24th (not this coming Monday, but the one after), from which they’ll donate 100% of proceeds to the cause. Details of the dinner are still being finalized, but we hear it may be a prix fixe affair, with a special menu and plenty of unique touches for the evening. There will be three seatings, at 5pm, 7pm, and 9pm, for parties of up to 4 people. To make a reservation, email Laurie at email@example.com.
Finally, if you just want to straight-up donate to the cause, you can send a check to La Cocina, Inc. (their fiscal sponsor), with “Ragazza Fundraiser” in the memo line.
We’ll post again when the auction starts, but in the meantime, head on over to Ragazza’s website for more details.